Thursday, May 17, 2012

Four Days and Counting: Nihow from Ba Ba La

Ba Ba La
Nihow,
My name is Barbara, Ba Ba La in Chinese, and I'm a nontraditional, lifelong learner student who is going to the Jinan University at Zhuhai for UW-Eau Claire's Globalization in China class led by Dr. Jean Pratt and Dr. Scott Swanson. I've hosted international students Kate Wang, from Shenzen China, and Jamie Hoo from Sengalore, Malaysia, for the past two years as part of the 2+2 program. I'm thrilled that I'll get to meet Kate's family while I'm there.

Today, my classmates and I received our Jinan University buddies' names and contact info. I'm eager to meet them. I've emailed them, and I got an email back saying delivery has been delayed. James Fallows from the Atlantic Monthly gave this interview about 3 Signs that China May Be Ready to Innovate (and create its own Silicon Valley). He does mention the internet is slower over there compared to here; so here' s hoping for a faster internet real soon so I connect with my buddies before I step on the plane with my classmate Joni early early Monday morning.   http://www.theatlantic.com/video/archive/2012/05/3-signs-china-may-be-ready-to-innovate/257014/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment